A Referral Programme to Generate New Business
Do you want a stream of new business referrals from a network of contacts who know what you offer and the type of prospects you want introductions to?
Lead generation and the cost of acquisition and retention is better with referrals than with any other marketing activity:
- B2B buyers are 5 times more likely to engage if they are first introduced (LinkedIn)
- 84% of B2B decision makers start the buying process with a referral (SalesBenchmark Index)
- 22% of marketers say that word-of-mouth referrals have the greatest impact on revenue, the highest of any marketing channel or activity, with email marketing and SEO rounding out the top three (State of Pipeline Marketing Report)
But you’ve got to know what you’re doing, with the experience to understand what works to get hot referrals. With a process and programme in place that is practical, systematic and delivers results.
Building a network starts with ensuring that you and your team are asking for referrals consistently, from the right people in the best way, so your contacts want to help.
We develop referral programmes that deliver bottom line results:
- Market targeting: to identify the best prospects and influencers for your business. Then identify how to reach them and what your team need to do to win.
- Network specification: identifying and leveraging connections – using existing contacts, industry events and setting up your own event programme.
- Communications channels: using digital marketing, newsletters, web landing pages and other material.
- Training: how to ask for referrals. Systematically, confidently and successfully.
- Programming: setting up a schedule, engaging your CRM system, including tracking and following up new connections and opportunities.